The best way to create a program to lose weight that will really work for you is by knowing several of the basics of weight loss, the proper exercises to lose weight, and the factors that will motivate you to reach your weight loss goals. Having an understanding of the things you need to do in order to reach and maintain your desired weight is essential to making the process a lot easier for you.
Exercise is one of the major factors in any weight loss program. But knowing how much exercise you need, when to start, and what type of exercise is suitable for you can be a little confusing, especially if you are a beginner. There are exercise programs that include strength training, flexibility, cardio, and a combination of two or more of them.
So what kind of exercise and how much of it do you need to lose weight? Experts say that the best exercise to lose weight is simply any kind of exercise that you will do. This means going out and taking a walk every day on a regular basis. Over time your walks will become easier and you’ll want to increase the distance. You’ll notice a difference in how you feel quickly once you get up and start moving.
Oftentimes people stop doing exercises out of boredom or because they’ll get or aggravate some kind of injury. It is recommended that you engage in exercises that you can easily do in the beginning like walking or biking. As you progress you can begin doing more strenuous exercise, but give your body a chance to adapt to physical activity again first. Injuries can be a major setback, especially if you’re older. It’s okay to push yourself a little as you progress, but listen to your body when it’s telling you it’s hurting and back off.
Below are several tips that will help you stick to a weight loss workout program:
- Exercise with a friend or try to have an exercise partner during your workouts.
- Try to make a schedule or calendar for your workouts.
- Weighing yourself regularly at the same time every week can help you keep on track to reach your weight loss goal.
- Avoid getting over-motivated by doing too much and too fast.
- Cook your own meals instead of eating out to control the amount of calories you consume.
- Cut back on drinking wine, beer, or any alcoholic beverages.
On the other hand, if you are not in a good physical condition to do any weight loss exercises, the following are some guidelines that will help you get the best results eventually:
Try to start slowly and gradually with your chosen weight loss exercise program. You can simply start walking for 10 minutes per day for a couple weeks. This will get you up and moving and in the habit of doing it. After that start increasing your time by 5 minutes every two weeks. Within a couple months you’ll be walking 30 minutes per day.
- Engage in the right exercises.
- Do regular aerobic exercises, but do them in short bursts of 10-20 minute sessions.
- Understand that the effect of exercises on your body is cumulative, meaning that you can only see significant changes after a few weeks or more.
- Retain your water supply. In other words, drink plenty of water, not soda, tea, juice, sports drinks, etc. Simple h20 is the best thing for your body.
- By exercising regularly, the body fat is used more as fuel for physical activities, thus reserving the body’s carbohydrates for emergency situations and more strenuous activities.
No matter what type of exercises you choose for losing weight, if you do it regularly with patience, you can be sure you are on the right track. Some of the best 20 exercises that are proven to burn most calories are:
1. Step Aerobics – Aerobics is often included in most exercise programs to lose weight. Done correctly, you will see results in a matter of two weeks!
2. Brisk Walking – a very easy cardio workout that you can fit in your daily activities. It also helps tone your legs, hips, and stomach.
3. Jogging/Running – very good for your body and helps burn a lot of calories without even going to the gym.
4. Hiking – should not be confused with leisurely walk. Hiking can burn around 350 calories an hour.
5. Yoga – a relaxing way to lose weight by involving stretching and improves the body’s flexibility too. There are more advanced and difficult moves which you can combine for other positions.
6. Bicycling – aside from being enjoyable, this exercise is a great way to burn calories. You can also invest in an exercise bike if you don’t have much available time to go out riding.
7. Swimming – certainly one of the best exercise to lose weight and also tones your entire body.
8. Rowing – another fun way to exercise while at the same time toning your arms.
9. Dancing – another fun and excellent weight loss exercise and tones the entire body.
10. Body Weight Training – should be a part of any weight loss exercise program which you can do for an hour or 30 minutes a day, three times a week. Avoid lifting weights! This can lead to injury. Your body weight is sufficient for what you want to accomplish.
11. Kickboxing – an intense yet effective exercise to lose weight.
12. Exercise CDs/DVDs – you can find a lot of these CDs/DVDs to help you tone up and lose weight. Choose a high energy and aim to do it once a day regularly.
13. Racquetball – a fun way to lose weight and tones your thighs and legs with its side to side running activity.
14. Elliptical Burner – a great cardio exercise that tones the stomach and builds strong muscles.
15. Horseback Riding – doing this once a week can help you stay fit while enjoying the nature around you during your ride.
16. Trampoline Jumping – jumping on the trampoline can get your heart pumping and is another fun way to lose weight.
17. Zumba – can burn a lot of calories in just one hour.
18. Soccer – a sporty way to burn calories by running around the soccer field.
19. Gardening – tending to the garden – cleaning, pulling out weeds, planting – can also be a way to burn calories.
20. House Cleaning – tidying up your home and multi-tasking in different household chores can also burn a lot of calories.
Proper exercise and a healthy diet are closely related in any weight loss programs. People often make the mistake that they can eat whatever they want since they do a lot of exercises. Remember, not eating the unwanted calories is far easier than burning them off in the future. Keep in mind also that keeping the weight off once you’ve lost it is what makes any weight loss program successful.
By trying several of the guidelines and tips mentioned in this article, you can see significant improvements in your body after a few weeks or so. Just always remember that if you understand and take into consideration the factors that can help you make progress in your weight loss plan, your chances of success is great!
Exercises to lose weight can be challenging, but it doesn’t mean that you have to starve yourself or give up everything you enjoy. It’s simply a matter of finding balance. Let us help you find that balance Today by visiting us at http://www.BestWayToLoseWeightOnline.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Joe_K._Stewart